1916 Cadillac Converted to Fire Truck
|Henry Brudo, Elmer (Pete) Trinder holding son Bobby, Charles Spittler in the back of the truck, Kenneth Spittler standing, and George Spittler in the driver seat. This vehicle was a 12 cylinder Cadillac sedan converted into a truck. In the background is Spittler's store. The building which housed this truck is still standing, next to the Spittler house that later became their garage.|
A Community Bands Together to Meet a Growing Need
In the wake of a severe fire in the Congregational Church, the citizens of Lake View, NY met on January 15, 1924 for the purpose of organizing a volunteer fire-fighting unit. Click here for the minutes of that meeting.
To the right is a photo of the Lake View Fire Hall completed and dedicated in 1927 with the 1916 Cadillac (also pictured above) and the 1926 American LaFrance Pumper in front. The latter was sold in 1961 and found its way into a local mall as an attraction for children. Fortunately it found its way home when the Fire Company was able to buy it back in 1992. Read more on this story.
MORE PHOTOS OF LVVFA RETURN TO "LAKE VIEW TIMES"
CLICK HERE FOR LAKE VIEW FIRE ASSOCIATION's WEBSITE
Contact the Lake View Fire Association
Send comments or questions re: this webpage to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUSAN WARD MERK's HOMEPAGE